Medical Weight Loss
- Adding Medically Supervised (hormone) Weight Loss
- Weight Loss Pharmaceutical Options (B6/12, MIC & more)
- Medically Supervised Weight Loss Programs (FDA Approved Pharmacology, VLCD/LCD, Ketogenic diet programs, Meal Replacements)
- The Business of Weight Loss (program integration, pricing, marketing tips)
- The Final Step: non-invasive body sculpting
The IAPAM’s Medical Weight Management Program includes:
- Physician Weight Management Practice Operational Manual for you and your staff to use.
- Practice Training DVDs.
- Patient charting forms, medical history & consent forms.
- Ability to purchase CSWL Patient Kits on a regular basis to reduce patient calls and concerns, thus saving staff time
- Practice listing on IAPAM Clean Start Weight Loss Clinic directory (conditions apply).
- We include everything you need to get started immediately!
Saturday, 8:00am – 5:30pm
- Latest Trends in the Aesthetic Medicine Industry – What you need to know to Succeed
- Meeting the growing demand with the right procedures.
- Typical startup costs associated with common aesthetic procedures .
- Integrating Aesthetic Medicine into a Medical Practice or Medical Spa
- The key to success in aesthetics in performing a comprehensive patient selection and consultations.
- Includes details on how to complete aesthetic patient medical history and consent forms (CD includes all forms).
- Utilizing IPL/Laser Technologies within an Aesthetic Practice or Medical Spa
- Difference between laser and IPL technologies.
- Physics of IPL/Laser devices (how to match the right equipment to the right procedure).
- Skin typing using the Fitzpatrick scale and patient selection.
- Principles and safety of lasers and IPL devices.
- Potential side effects and risks.
- Incorporating facial/skin rejuvenation into your practice.
- Performing the most profitable IPL/Laser procedures(hands-on & live demonstration in small groups)
- Skin rejuvenation, hair reduction, benign pigmented lesions, vascular lesions, acne, leg veins, and fractional laser skin resurfacing.
Sunday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Morning:Minimally-Invasive Skin Rejuvenation Procedures
- Chemical Peels: Patient selection is very important since skin care products may contain ingredients that could provoke sensitive skin or trigger allergic reactions. Learn what types of peel formulations you will need to offer to correct the most common skin conditions. Includes live demonstration of the “layer and leave on” approach to customized peel treatments with little time and effort that yield high efficacy and patient satisfaction.
- Medical Microdermabrasion is one of the most requested procedures and continues to grow year after year is a must for a successful medical spa or aesthetic medicine practice. Includes a hands-on demo.
- Anatomy and Physiological of the Skin
- Epidermal Layers.
- Facial Structure, including Facial Musculature.
- Identifying Skin Tension Lines overlying Facial Muscles and Cosmetic Subunits.
- Common Cutaneous Diseases.
- Common Skin Cancers (Melanoma, Basal Cell Carcinoma, Squamous Cell Carcinoma).
- Cosmetic Injectable options available today:
- FDA approved Botulinum Toxin’s for facial aesthetics (Xeomin®, Botox Cosmetic® and Dysport®).
- Hyaluronic Acid based Dermal Fillers.
Afternoon:Botulinum Toxin Training and Dermal Filler Training
- Incorporating Botulinum Toxins (Xeomin®, Dysport® & Botox Cosmetic®) and Dermal Fillers into your Practice (hands-on in small groups)
- Botulinum Toxin Injection Techniques, Protocols and Guidelines. The key to happy patients is fully understanding where and how many units to inject, therefore extensive time will be spent analyzing patients to ensure you give them the best aesthetic results.
- Dermal Filler Techniques, Protocols and Guidelines.
- Please note: this session requires approximately 2 hrs of pre-work in order for you to get the most out of the session (this will be sent when your registration is processed).
- The IAPAM 5-Step Botulinum Toxin Injection Training Protocol – The Didactic and hands-on workshops are done at an accelerated pace, and its expected that you fully understand all the muscles of the face, facial anatomy, best practices for injecting Botox, typical doses and injection patterns, dilution and reconstitution procedures prior to attending.
Secrets to a Successful Practice Workshop
If you are going to open a medical spa or incorporate medical aesthetics into your existing practice, you can’t afford to miss this workshop. This Monday session is open to physicians, business/practice managers and non-medical staff. After completing this workshop, you will leave with a personalized business plan for your aesthetic practice. We will cover: creating a menu of services, location considerations, developing a pricing strategy, specific marketing strategies, important legal and regulations, and how to read basic financial reports.
1. Financing Options for Physicians
- Should I buy or lease equipment
- SBA and regular loan options
2. Target Demographics for your Aesthetic Procedures:
- Based on your current (or proposed) patient base we’ll create a target demographic profile
- You will learn your target patient’s: age, sex, socioeconomic status, ethnicity
3. Developing a Menu of Treatments and Pricing Strategy for Aesthetic Procedures:
- After we create a personalized demographic profile, we’ll create the menu of services those patients desire.
- We’ll show you how to find out what to charge for each procedure.
4. Establishing Aesthetic Practice Protocols and HR for Aesthetic Practitioners:
- Many insurance companies are now requiring written procedural protocols, included on the CD is are customizable aesthetic procedural protocols for you to use in your practice or medical spa.
- Aesthetic practice nurse and medical aesthetician job descriptions.
5. Creating an Effective Marketing Plan for an Aesthetic Medicine Practice or MediSpa:
- We’ll give you guidance on the most effective internal and external marketing techniques.
- Using the latest Social Media marketing tools (including: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace).
- How to utilize the media for publicity (including how to create an effective press release).
- How to create an effective direct mail postcard.
- How to use the internet for a low-cost, but highly effective marketing campaign.
- How to leverage open houses and educational seminars.
- Utilizing Google local ads and AdWords to get patients to your practice.
6. Finding the Right Location for an Aesthetic Practice or MedSpa:
- We’ll guide you on the best practices for choosing a location for a stand alone aesthetic practice or medical spa.
- Should you integrate it within or practice or open a stand alone medspa?
7. Staffing in an Medical Spa or Aesthetic Practice:
- We’ll review the key positions in a practice/medspa and also include customizable job descriptions.
8. Federal and State Legal and Regulatory issues:
- We’ll review common Federal and State regulations that you need to be aware.
- What you need to know about the Stark Law.
9. Start-up Costs and Reading Financials:
- Typical startup costs for adding aesthetics to a practice.
- You don’t need to be an expert at understanding every type of financial reports, but you do need to understand the health of your business.
- In order to maintain profitability, there are some key indicators you’re going to need to watch on a regular basis. We’ll help you focus on the most important indicators.
Lunch and breaks are included.
* times, faculty, content subject to change.
Get Started Today with IAPAM Certified Botox Training!
Join +3,800 physicians, PA’s & NP’s from all medical specialties who have participated in our program.BOOK YOUR TRAINING NOW
What Physicians are Saying
Dr. Bates, MD
“I’ve had huge success with IAPAM’s programs!”
Dr. Hardy, MD
“This course has been beyond my best expectations! The hands-on training has been outstanding.”
Dr. Jose, MD
“I’ve been certified in Medically Supervised Weight Loss and it’s been very successful as part of my practice!”
Dr. Zgourides, MD
“An exceptional value, especially given the comprehensive amount of information provided.”
Dr. Simon MD
“The symposium was unbelievable. I feel that I am ready to open the Aesthetic part of my practice in a month or so.”
Dr. J. Pino, MD
“This conference was very informative and interesting. I really enjoyed all the speakers..and will most likely come back to another one with my staff. Great. Great Conference. Thank you!”