This website is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws, and all rights are reserved, including resale rights. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form by any means (including electronic, photocopying, recording, scanning, or otherwise) without prior written permission of the IAPAM.
Although the author and IAPAM have made every reasonable attempt to achieve complete accuracy of the content in this text, they assume no responsibility for errors or omissions. Also, you should use this information as you see fit, and at your own risk. Information provided on this website has not been reviewed by the Food & Drug Administration and is not intended to replace or circumvent the advice of a physician or health care professional. No claim or opinion on this website is intended to be, or should be construed to be, medical advice or a substitute for professional medical advice. No intent to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease is implied or intended. We make no claims about specific products and any information contained herein is personal opinion only and should not be construed as medical advice in any way. The information contained on this website is provided for information and entertainment purposes only. The IAPAM, staff, faculty, or its affiliates, shall not be liable to anyone for any loss or injury caused in whole or in part by your use of this information, or for any decision you make or action you take in reliance on information you received from this website. No information or opinion contained herein is intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak with a health care professional before taking or using any dietary, nutritional, weight loss, herbal supplement or any other product. We strongly urge you to visit your doctor and discuss your health needs before beginning any diet or exercise program.
Any trademarks, service marks, product names or named features are assumed to be the property of their respective owners, and are used only for reference. There is no implied endorsement if we use one of these terms.
(Effective Date: 5/25/2018)
“Personal Data” is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
By visiting www.iapam.com or related properties, (together the “Site”), you acknowledge that you have read and understood the processes and policies referred to in this Notice.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns about this Notice, please contact us using the Contact Us section on our Site. Alternatively, you can contact us by phone at 1-800-219-5108, by sending an email to email@example.com or by mail to 848 N. Rainbow Blvd. #713, Las Vegas, NV 89017.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data that you give us:
Contact information – which you provide when corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise. This also includes information you provide when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial information and/or credit card information.
Membership/Symposium information – about your membership/registration including your name, contact details such as address (business or personal), phone number (business or personal) and email address (business or personal), job title, and any other information related to your membership. Membership information may be provided by you during the registration process, or by your employer on your behalf.
Membership/Symposium payment information – including financial information such as credit/debit card and account numbers used to purchase products, registration or renew your membership.
Purchase information– relating to purchases made by members for books, reports, journals or newsletter subscriptions either by phone or via our Site. Purchase information will include financial information as well as information concerning the content and time of the purchase.
Personal data we collect from you
With regard to each of your visits to the Site we will automatically collect the following information:
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
Information about your visit, including pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and location information.
We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser and we may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Site, including, without limitation:
Browser type and plug-in details
Device type (e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.)
Local time zone
We may use non-Personal Data for various business purposes such as providing customer service, fraud prevention, market research, and improving our Site. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use Personal Data that you provide directly to us for the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from your registration/membership, or any other contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and membership/symposium services that you request from us;
- to organize events that you have purchased or registered for, and to provide you with information, and other materials, relating to the content of the event, the speakers, sponsors and other attendees;
- to provide our newsletter and other publications, provided you have given your consent;
- to respond to your questions and provide related membership/symposium services;
- to provide you with information about other events, products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, provided you have not opted-out of receiving that information;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about events, products or services we feel may interest you, provided you have given your consent;
- to transfer your information as part of a merger or sale of the business;
- to notify you about changes to our membership/symposium services; and
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively for you and your computer.
Information we collect about you
We will use Personal Data that we have collected about your use of our Site:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Personal Data we receive from other sources
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined Personal Data for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
WHEN WE SHARE AND WHO CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your Personal Data for the purposes described in this Notice with:
- partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, for the performance of obligations arising from your membership/symposium registration, or any other contract we enter into with them or you or to provide you with the information, products and membership/symposium services that you request from us
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site
- trusted third-party companies and individuals to help us provide, analyze, and improve the Site and our membership/symposium services (including but not limited to data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and payment processing)
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- if IAPAM or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will only transfer your Personal Data to trusted third-parties who provide sufficient guarantees in respect of the technical and organizational security measures governing the processing to be carried out and who can demonstrate a commitment to compliance with those measures.
SELLING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will never sell your Personal Data to third parties without your opt-in consent.
Although we use security measures to help protect your Personal Data against loss, misuse or unauthorized disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to us over the internet.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (“EEA”) AND INTERNATIONAL USERS
We have offices in the United States and Canada. Your Personal Data may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States/Canada or to our affiliates, partners, merchants, or service providers who are located worldwide. If you are visiting our Site from outside the United States/Canada, be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States/Canada where our servers are located, and our central database is operated. By using our Service, you consent to any transfer of this information.
HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will store your Personal Data, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the Personal Data is processed. We may retain and use your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically reasonably feasible to remove it. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your Personal Data quickly upon request.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with our Site. If you wish to cancel your membership or request that we no longer use your information to provide you service, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We maintain one or more databases to store your Personal Data and may keep such information indefinitely.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The Personal Data that you provide to us is generally stored on servers located in the United States/Canada. If you are located in another jurisdiction, you should be aware that once your Personal Data is submitted through our Site, it will be transferred to our servers in the United States/Canada and that the United States/Canada currently does not have uniform data protection laws in place.
A cookie is a small file stored on the site user’s computer or Web server and is used to aid Web navigation. Session cookies are temporary files created when a user signs in on the website or uses the personalized features (such as keeping track of items in the shopping cart). Session cookies are removed when a user logs off or when the browser is closed. Persistent cookies are permanent files and must be deleted manually. Tracking or other information collected from persistent cookies or any session cookie is used strictly for the user’s efficient navigation of the site.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
Our Sites may contain links to third party websites, applications and services not operated by us. These links are provided as a service and do not imply any endorsement by us of the activities or content of these sites, applications or services nor any association with their operators. Company is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party including websites or services directly linked to our Service. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party site that you link from our Service.
Correction and removal
If any of the information that we have about you is incorrect, or you wish to have information (including Personal Data) removed from our records, you may do so by contacting us at email@example.com.
Additionally, if you prefer not to receive marketing messages from us, please let us know by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing message that you receive, or by sending a message to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your European Rights
FOR EUROPEAN RESIDENTS ONLY. You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your Personal Data) if we intend to use your Personal Data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Data. You can also exercise the right by contacting us using the Contact Us section on our Site.
Under European data protection law, in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Data. You may have the right to request access to any Personal Data we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the Personal Data, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the Personal Data has been shared, where possible, the period for which the Personal Data will be stored, the source of the Personal Data, and the existence of any automated decision making.
- Request correction of your Personal Data. You may have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate Personal Data we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. You may have the right to request that Personal Data held about you is deleted.
- Object to processing of your Personal Data. You may have the right to prevent or restrict processing of your Personal Data.
- Request restriction of processing your Personal Data Request transfer of your Personal Data. You may have the right to request transfer of Personal Data directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
- Withdraw your consent
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
If we make any material changes to this Notice or the way we use, share or collect personal Data, we will notify you by revising the “Effective Date” at the top of this Notice, prominently posting an announcement of the changes on our Site, or sending an email to the email address you most recently provided us (unless we do not have such an email address) prior to the new policy taking effect.
Any changes we make to this Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notification sent to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Notice.
The IAPAM welcomes your feedback. If you have questions or comments about this site, please email us at: email@example.com
© Copyright 2004-2018, International Association for Physicians in Aesthetic Medicine (IAPAM)
All rights reserved worldwide