In today’s economy, physicians are looking to add adjunct medical procedures to their practices. At any given time, there are over 72 million Americans dieting, spending over $58 Billion on weight loss products. Over 66% of adults over 20 are overweight, so a majority of your patients fit into this category, and have tried unsuccessfully to lose weight with trendy diets and retail treatments. Join over 500 physicians who have followed the IAPAM Weight Loss protocol with over 22,000 patients. Adding a medically supervised weight loss program not only helps your patients, but it will also help you.
Clinics that incorporate the IAPAM’s Medical Weight Loss program into their practices can expect to see revenues of between $100,000-$900,000/year. To help healthcare providers help their overweight and obese patients, the IAPAM has added a special session covering the use of hormones for Medical Weight Management on the Friday prior to the Aesthetic Medicine Symposium.
What makes the IAPAM’s Weight Loss Protocol the best in the industry is that it is taught by a faculty who operate weight loss clinics, allowing you to learn from their experience! This is the most comprehensive medically supervised weight loss training program in the world.
By the end of this program you will learn the steps on how to incorporate medical weight loss into an existing medical practice or start a weight loss clinic. All of the following will be covered:
- Receive the internationally recognized IAPAM Certification in Medically Supervised Weight Loss available for physicians.
- IAPAM Weight Loss Protocols & best practices, including:
- Utilizing hormones for weight loss
- Detailed Program Protocols
- Patient selection criteria
- Common medical contraindications
- Consent forms, medical history forms
- Patient Program book to offer your patients (diet friendly recipes, food journal, tips)
- Patient PowerPoint presentations
- Phone scripts & call logs for your staff
- Legal/Insurance considerations, current FDA status
- Medication ordering information and special pricing
- Attendees receive access to Medical Malpractice insurance from our exclusive provider.
- VLCD/LCD diet programs.
- Meal replacement diet programs.
- Ketogenic based diet programs.
- Utilizing B6/B12 injections in weight loss.
- Using prescription appetite suppressants in weight loss.
- Metabolism testing as a profit center.
- Radio Frequency (RF) for Body Contouring.
With medical weight loss, there is no “one program fits all” solution, so we will teach you the most effective weight loss programs for you to match with the right patient.
We have found that the key to a happy weight loss patient is giving them guidance throughout the process. This can be time consuming. To help you better manage your time, you will be able offer your weight loss patients the “IAPAM Protocol Patient Guidebook,” written by IAPAM Executive-Director (& weight loss patient) Jeff Russell.
This 65-page patient guidebook will eliminate many common questions your patients will have, and serve as a food & weight tracking journal during their time on the IAPAM Weight Loss Protocol. In addition, this book also has over 30 diet friendly recipes, so your patients have a guide to follow as they go through the process. The book also shares tips from other Weight Loss patients, and includes a listing of the approved cosmetics and calorie counts for the diet.
The IAPAM’s Medical Weight Management Program includes:
- Physician Weight Management Practice Operational Manual
- Patient Charting Forms, Medical History & Consent Forms
- Listed on IAPAM Weight Loss Clinic website (conditions apply)
- Special access to Weight Loss Medical Malpractice Insurance Program
- Weight Loss Practice Advertising & Marketing Tips and Strategies
- Special Pricing for Meal Replacement Products
Part of the Weight Loss session will include a comprehensive discussion with our experienced faculty and a pharmacist, giving you get latest information on offering the IAPAM Weight Loss Protocol to your patients either through injection, sub-lingual, or nasal spray. We will cover using hormones for weight loss.
At the end of the program you will have a weight loss program that you can immediately start offering your patients.
Medical Weight Loss Agenda
- 8:30am – Registration
- 9:00am – The Most popular methods for Medically Supervised (hormone) Weight Loss
- 11:30am – Weight Loss Pharmaceutical Options (B6/12, MEC & more)
- 12:00 – Lunch (provided for paying attendees only)
- 1:00pm – Medically Supervised Weight Loss Programs (FDA Approved Pharmacology, VLCD/LCD, Ketogenic diet programs, Meal Replacements)
- 2:15pm – The Business of Weight Loss (program integration, pricing, marketing tips)
- 3:30pm – Break
- 4:00m – The Final Step: Utilizing Laser Assisted lipolysis for Body Contouring
- 5:00pm – Reception
Who Can Attend:
Physicians, PAs, NPs and their staff who are looking to add medical weight management to their existing medical practice, medical spa, or start a weight loss center. Please note, you must be able to prescribe medications in order to provide most of the medically supervised weight loss protocols covered at the program.
Weight Loss CMEs:
IAPAM membership entitles you to access to several obesity related AMA CAT1 CME/CEUs.
What Past Attendees have said:
“Absolutely beneficial! I would (and will!) recommend this conference to any colleague interested in prescribing …. The business implementation and marketing strategies were all so helpful!” ~ Dr. K. Cole, MD (Dec ‘10)
“I learned how to add a successful [weight loss] program to my practice and start a whole new adventure. I actually learned the tools to get started. Wonderful, motivating, informative, specific, intellectual. The best seminar I have attended. Wish I had brought my office manager.” ~ Dr. J. Jackson, MD (Dec ‘10)
“I’m most appreciative of the CD’s with all the forms, ads, and other info – all ready to be adapted and used immediately! An exceptional value for the money!” ~ Dr. Zgourides, MD (Dec ‘10)
Medically Supervised Weight Loss Program Details:
|Gainey Suites Hotel, Scottsdale, AZ Just 5 Spots Left!|
February 7, 2014
|Gainey Suites Hotel, Scottsdale, AZ|
April 4, 2014
Gainey Suites Hotel, Scottsdale, AZ
- Member Price – $995 ($1,495 non-members)
* IAPAM membership $295, you can join during registration
- Additional attendees – $595
Note: If only wish to register for the Friday Medical Weight Management Day you can also Download a registration form and fax it back to 1-866-284-9318
For more information call 1-800-219-5108 x708 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get an Opportunity to see the same RMR calometer that is used on NBC’s Biggest Loser at the program:Cancellation Policy: Once your payment has been received and processed, you will receive an e-mail confirmation. If for some reason you cannot attend the program you must give at least 14 days notice to receive a full credit for a future IAPAM event, no refunds will be given. If for some unforeseen reason the program is canceled, you will receive a full refund limited to the registration fees already paid. The IAPAM is not responsible for non-refundable airline tickets, related travel costs, hotel accommodations purchased, or any other out of pocket expense you may incur. Symposium locations, agendas, and speakers are subject to change. The IAPAM is not responsible for additional credit card charges your bank may charge. Note: Per an exclusive licensing agreement, we cannot accept any registrations from Calgary, Alberta, Canada or the surrounding area. Disclaimer: Please note although the author and publisher have made every reasonable attempt to achieve complete accuracy of the content in this website, they assume no responsibility for errors or omissions. Also, you should use this information as you see fit, and at your own risk. Information provided on this website has not been reviewed by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and is not intended to replace or circumvent the advice of your personal physician or health care professional. No claim or opinion on this website is intended to be, or should be construed to be, medical advice or a substitute for professional medical advice. No intent to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease is implied or intended. We make no claims about specific products and any information contained herein is personal opinion only and should not be construed as medical advice in any way. The information contained on this website is provided for information and entertainment purposes only. The IAPAM, faculty, or its affiliates, shall not be liable to anyone for any loss or injury caused in whole or in part by your use of this information, or for any decision you make or action you take in reliance on information you received from this website. No information or opinion contained herein is intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition. You should always speak with a health care professional before taking or using any dietary, nutritional, weight loss, herbal supplement or any other product. We strongly urge you to visit your doctor and discuss your health needs before beginning any diet or exercise program.