All Events Will Proceed
Please note in regards to Covid-19, there are some large conferences that have made the decision to cancel their events, due to faculty travel and international attendees outside the USA and Canada. These typically involve 100’s or 1000’s of people gathered in large halls.
We have made the decision to continue forward with our events as all faculty are local and we not accepting any international attendees. Our program is a small “workshop” environment that takes place in a controlled center and “clean” dermatology practice.
Precautions we are taking:
- Our event hotel is a small boutique hotel that doesn’t have a lot of international travelers, and they have enhanced their cleaning and sanitizing protocols. Including: Placing hand sanitizer stations at multiple locations throughout the hotel, for easy use by our guests and employees; Increasing the frequency and rigor of existing cleaning and sanitizing procedures, such as laundry cleaning protocols for linen and towels; Increasing the frequency of disinfectant protocols for common surfaces at the hotel properties (elevators, front desks, public restrooms, entrance doors, etc.).
- We always provide hand sanitizer at our events.
- Hands-on training will be at a “clean” dermatology practice.
- We are not accepting international attendees.
- We always limit the number of attendees so you get the most hands-on time. This is not a large event with 100’s of people from around the world, we closely monitor the group to ensure we have the cleanest environment possible.
A Few Things to Note Before You Go:
- We will be providing disposable masks, however, please feel free to bring your favorite mask(s) and/or any other PPE equipment that makes you feel comfortable.
- We will be providing hand sanitizer, so you may want to bring a travel-sized one that is TSA approved (no larger than 3.4oz).
- Bring a pen and paper. We will be supplying you with a guidebook, where you can jot down your notes, however, you may want to bring your favorite journal (notepad) and pen.
Traveling to Phoenix:
There are no current travel restrictions for individuals visiting Arizona.
PHX Airport Protocols: While you are traveling through Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) you will be required to wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose.
The City of Phoenix requires you to wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose when out in public. The City of Scottsdale has recently dropped the requirement; however, this can change at any time. Please note, the event hotel is located in Scottsdale, however, for those attending the hands-on Botox workshop, that takes place in Phoenix. To confuse matters further, both the City of Phoenix and Scottsdale is located in Maricopa County, which does require masks when in public or when you cannot maintain 6’ social distancing.
More information: https://www.visitarizona.com/covid-19/covid-19-updates/
Sonesta Suites Event Hotel & Meeting Room Protocols:
The event itself will take place at the Scottsdale Sonesta Suites hotel. We have booked the entire ballroom for the event. Tables will have extra distance between them, and the room will only be refreshed at lunch. The room will be sanitized each day. The hotel also has the following information:
- For the health & safety of our guests and team members, Sonesta hotels require guests to wear face coverings in all indoor public areas.
- Limited-contact check-in and check-out.
- Guests and employees will always maintain 6-feet or social distancing.
- A limited number of guests on all of our elevators, and guests must sanitize hands prior to riding the elevator.
- Social distancing must also be maintained in all public spaces; lobby, restaurants, and pool.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in the meeting room.
- The hotel fitness center is open, with limited occupancy (max 2 people). Luckily the weather will be beautiful, so you may want to bring your running shoes and go for a run/walk outside.
- Guests are required by law to wear a mask in public spaces. Reach out to the front desk to learn where exceptions might apply.
- We are not currently providing housekeeping services during your stay. We can make arrangements to provide clean linens and towels on request.
- Additional towels, linens and non-essential items (laundry bags, pen, paper, etc.) that have been removed from your room are available upon request.
- Our lush oasis-like pool area awaits. Pool seating has been reduced to provide spacing for appropriate social distancing. Pool chairs & tables are sanitized after use and fresh towels are replaced.
More info: https://www.sonesta.com/scottsdale/staysafe
Private Practice Hands-On Workshop Protocols (Sunday only):
The Sunday hands-on Botox injection workshop will take place at a dermatology practice. We will provide bus transportation, or you can use your own transportation to get to the practice. While at the practice, you will be in closer quarters than at the hotel and we will REQUIRE everyone to wear masks and gloves.
- While on the bus, please use your mask (we will provide disposable masks if needed).
- We will provide masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer at the practice.
- If you are more comfortable with a face shield, while doing the workshop, please feel free to bring it.
We look forward to seeing you at an upcoming Symposium!